Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 61

Discuss Zarr - Trakehner Stallion at the Horse Breeding forum - Horse Breeding Forums.

*trys to stop drooling* That guy is one STUNNING animal!...
  1. #41
    Senior Member+
    EmazingCasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    .where the sun shines when it snows.
    Posts
    5,621
    *trys to stop drooling* That guy is one STUNNING animal!
    Its Blaze's World, I'm just living in it.

  2. #42
    Senior Member+
    Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,358
    Blog Entries
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu2832 View Post
    Excellent, test cross on someone elses dime.....
    Ooooh aren't you funny

    Sharon, what are your thoughts on Tradition? I don't know if you've mentioned him to me...He looks really amateur friendly.

    Quote Originally Posted by the travlng rdr View Post
    txgray you are after my own heart. To this day one of my favorite stallions to watch, pet and ride is Contigo M.
    I need to look him up!

  3. #43
    Senior Member+

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    3,062
    Tradition is Tigre's full brother. There is a very nice (model mare? can't remember) mare from that same cross also. I have not met him. He appears to be a lighter boned version of Tigre. His approval comments were good. "Elastic gaits" "Relaxed and round over jumps" "Very pleasing manner" "Excellent Trakehner type" Let me know if you are seriously considering either of the Butow boys.

    The 2009 auction list:
    http://americantrakehner.com/stallio...ch_results.asp

    Lots of good looking guys on there.
    Natual Luxury for Horse and Rider!
    http://www.froggllc.com/

  4. #44
    Senior Member+

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    3,062
    Did you look at Donaudeen? That could be a good cross--more hunter, I love his head. It could be a real value breeding for a nice hunter mount.
    Natual Luxury for Horse and Rider!
    http://www.froggllc.com/

  5. #45
    Senior Member+
    Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,358
    Blog Entries
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu2832 View Post
    Tradition is Tigre's full brother. There is a very nice (model mare? can't remember) mare from that same cross also. I have not met him. He appears to be a lighter boned version of Tigre. His approval comments were good. "Elastic gaits" "Relaxed and round over jumps" "Very pleasing manner" "Excellent Trakehner type" Let me know if you are seriously considering either of the Butow boys.

    The 2009 auction list:
    http://americantrakehner.com/stallio...ch_results.asp

    Lots of good looking guys on there.
    *Slaps head* I didn't even REALIZE Tradition and Tigre were full brothers. I knew both were by Butow (who I could drool over him for days) but I didn't notice they had the same dam. Tradition also seems to be a bit more compact.

    There is just so much more available info(and VIDEOS) on/of Tradition. I wish Tigre had more reading material.

    I think currently, Tigre, Tzigane, and Tradition are topping my list. I need to do more research on Graditz vs Butow(even though both Tigre & Tradition are also out of a Graditz mare). Who knows what else will pop up before I am able to breed though I'm probably looking at 2011.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryu2832 View Post
    Did you look at Donaudeen? That could be a good cross--more hunter, I love his head. It could be a real value breeding for a nice hunter mount.
    Nope! I'll go look at him now

    Oh, and as for Rubinesque...I like him a lot, but I really really don't want to breed to another Anglo-Trakehner. Just a personal preference I guess? Probably a silly one though!

    I've got a lot of time on my hands and have a couple questions maybe you could answer Is there any pattern to the naming? I know you have the C-lines and L-lines etc in Holsteiners and with the DWB you have a different letter every year...How does it work with Trakes? Reina is registered as Tropical Reign, and both her sire (Talon DF) and her dam (Tropical Sky xx) had names that started with T

    And, her 2010 foal will be by Yeager, who obviously is not an approved Trake, will the foal be able to get any sort of ATA papers? The foal will be slightly over 50% Trakehner, considering Yeager is out of a Trake mare named Amadine and his sire goes back to Marduc. I know the leasor has emailed the ATA, but I thought maybe you would know

    Thank you!!
    Last edited by Shannon; 12-22-2008 at 12:46 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member+
    SuZQuzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California Central Coast
    Posts
    6,075
    Blog Entries
    238
    Shannon, I saw that you were looking at Contendor. I highly advise against going for any of the Signature stallions. Their owner is rather questionable morally and there are rumors of him being up to no good.

    Notice that he still has Liostro at stud at the age 28. Hmm...
    Suzie
    Mazaire (Ed - 1994 Dutch Warmblood gelding) & Yvening Affair (Yves - 2009 Zweibrucker gelding)
    Competing Yeager GF (Yeager - 2001 German Warmblood stallion)

  7. #47
    Senior Member+
    Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,358
    Blog Entries
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by SuZQuzie View Post
    Shannon, I saw that you were looking at Contendor. I highly advise against going for any of the Signature stallions. Their owner is rather questionable morally and there are rumors of him being up to no good.

    Notice that he still has Liostro at stud at the age 28. Hmm...
    LOL Suzie trust me, I know. It's just depressing to know that such nice horses are in such crummy hands. I have a feeling none of those stallions look anything like they do, condition wise, in the pictures on their website

  8. #48
    Senior Member+
    SuZQuzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California Central Coast
    Posts
    6,075
    Blog Entries
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    LOL Suzie trust me, I know. It's just depressing to know that such nice horses are in such crummy hands. I have a feeling none of those stallions look anything like they do, condition wise, in the pictures on their website
    I actually looked at Liostro a long time ago at their facilities. He was rather scruffy to say the least. Funny how they swear that the reason all his babies have big heads if because of their mares, not Liostro, never Liostro.

    Rather reminiscent of Capone, eh? Never again will I go with any stallion with questionable owners.
    Suzie
    Mazaire (Ed - 1994 Dutch Warmblood gelding) & Yvening Affair (Yves - 2009 Zweibrucker gelding)
    Competing Yeager GF (Yeager - 2001 German Warmblood stallion)

  9. #49
    Senior Member+

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    3,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Oh, and as for Rubinesque...I like him a lot, but I really really don't want to breed to another Anglo-Trakehner. Just a personal preference I guess? Probably a silly one though!

    I've got a lot of time on my hands and have a couple questions maybe you could answer Is there any pattern to the naming? I know you have the C-lines and L-lines etc in Holsteiners and with the DWB you have a different letter every year...How does it work with Trakes? Reina is registered as Tropical Reign, and both her sire (Talon DF) and her dam (Tropical Sky xx) had names that started with T

    And, her 2010 foal will be by Yeager, who obviously is not an approved Trake, will the foal be able to get any sort of ATA papers? The foal will be slightly over 50% Trakehner, considering Yeager is out of a Trake mare named Amadine and his sire goes back to Marduc. I know the leasor has emailed the ATA, but I thought maybe you would know

    Thank you!!
    I don't think Rubi's foals would be considered anglo-Trake anymore than Windfall's would. I wouldn't consider them Anglo-Trake. Once you're approved, you're a Trake.

    I don't think the foal by Yeager would be registerable ATA. I think if the stallion isn't approved it has to be full blood Trake registered A or E--and the foals are section D registered. It's good you're asking though, I'm not a good source for the part-bred registry...

    Trakes name the foals after the mare.

    Butow X Gradtiz = beautiful.

    Happy shopping!
    Natual Luxury for Horse and Rider!
    http://www.froggllc.com/

  10. #50
    Senior Member+
    Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    14,358
    Blog Entries
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by ryu2832 View Post
    I don't think Rubi's foals would be considered anglo-Trake anymore than Windfall's would. I wouldn't consider them Anglo-Trake. Once you're approved, you're a Trake.

    I don't think the foal by Yeager would be registerable ATA. I think if the stallion isn't approved it has to be full blood Trake registered A or E--and the foals are section D registered. It's good you're asking though, I'm not a good source for the part-bred registry...

    Trakes name the foals after the mare.

    Butow X Gradtiz = beautiful.

    Happy shopping!
    Oh no no, a foal by Rubinesque would be just as 50% Trakehner as a foal by Windfall I had someone else who wanted to breed her to Windfall; that was not me!

    I figured out the naming pattern Luckily "T" opens plenty of doors!

    Thanks as always for your help; you are a wealth of knowledge

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. A trakehner stallion for my arabian mare
    By AlmostFamous in forum Horse Breeding
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 02:52 PM
  2. Feuertanzer-Trakehner Stallion, what do you think?
    By Arabian Dreams in forum Horse Breeding
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 08:58 AM
  3. wow look at this guy - de luc -*trakehner stallion*
    By cassidy in forum Horse Breeding
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-30-2006, 04:31 AM
  4. Trakehner?
    By WR Fancy Dancer in forum Horse Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 07:34 PM
  5. I had my lesson on the Trakehner...
    By WR Fancy Dancer in forum Horse Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 01:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •