Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Discuss Pickling Lime at the Horse Health forum - Horse Forums.

ABC Gel is what will really help....will PM you the details. It also gets rid ...
  1. #11
    Senior Member+
    pantha11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Australia, Victoria.
    Posts
    3,127
    ABC Gel is what will really help....will PM you the details.

    It also gets rid of spints completely.

  2. #12
    Senior Member OpenRange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR View Post
    Not lime, PICKLING lime. You buy it at the grocery store to make pickles???
    Ohhhh. Hahaha. Whoops.
    Horses are like potato chips...you can never have just one.

  3. #13
    Senior Member+ Nakoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,216
    Blog Entries
    7
    I have used pickling lime on the skint knees and tore up chin of a bay mare. She was very much mistreated when I got her. I would wash the area with running water for 5-10 minutes and pull off as much gunk as I could without having to force it off.

    Let it air dry for a minute and throw on some pickling lime. It allows the wound to heal from the inside out and the hair on this mare came back it's original color. It is really good stuff, and I love it
    Quote Originally Posted by nicz2cu View Post
    I'm waiting firmy blanett odry ans deeing duubbol,,I steyedup to long. I luv ambiemk , where;smy cloud I need ti beolayin on. I gottago niteynnight,
    Miss U Deb.

  4. #14
    Senior Member JenniferR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    523
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakoda View Post
    I have used pickling lime on the skint knees and tore up chin of a bay mare. She was very much mistreated when I got her. I would wash the area with running water for 5-10 minutes and pull off as much gunk as I could without having to force it off.

    Let it air dry for a minute and throw on some pickling lime. It allows the wound to heal from the inside out and the hair on this mare came back it's original color. It is really good stuff, and I love it

    Thank God someone commented! hahaha
    Thank you Nakoda for your story of experience. I really appreciate it and am happy that we have told HGS about something new....or so it seems.
    Lime in stalls.....hehehehehe

  5. #15
    Senior Member+ Nakoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,216
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR View Post
    Thank God someone commented! hahaha
    Thank you Nakoda for your story of experience. I really appreciate it and am happy that we have told HGS about something new....or so it seems.
    Lime in stalls.....hehehehehe
    I have tried to tell them about it about 3 or 4 times. I guess it is too simple and cheap to be worth a shot But in 3 weeks the mare was so close to being healed that there was hair growing back. For open wounds the stuff is awesome!!!!

    Just a note, the previous owner had used a nouvell on this mare and had cut the crud out of her skin on her chin so bad that it had removed the skin over the bones of her chin. The remaining skin hung down and you could stick your finger through one side and come out the other side.
    The PL healed it up with out a scar at all!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicz2cu View Post
    I'm waiting firmy blanett odry ans deeing duubbol,,I steyedup to long. I luv ambiemk , where;smy cloud I need ti beolayin on. I gottago niteynnight,
    Miss U Deb.

  6. #16
    Senior Member JenniferR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    523
    WOOWW! Good story! I am going to pick some up from the store. I've been borrowing some from my B.O. and it's been helping my horse a lot too so far. I should take some pictures now and when it's healed and then post them here later on.

    Together, we can help spread the word of Pickling Lime.....

  7. #17
    Senior Member+
    manesntails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    19,375
    Blog Entries
    3
    Pickling lime has been used for years for cuts and scrapes on animals. It IS one of the ingredients in Wonder Dust.



    [QUOTE=Outrider;7441522]In this day and age we have WAY too many people, WAY too sensitive about WAY too many things and taking something that only deserves a "ho hum" response as a slight against themselves personally. [/QUOTE]

  8. #18
    Senior Member+ Nakoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,216
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by manesntails View Post
    Pickling lime has been used for years for cuts and scrapes on animals. It IS one of the ingredients in Wonder Dust.
    That AND activated charcoal....Yep, that white ash left over after a cookout
    Quote Originally Posted by nicz2cu View Post
    I'm waiting firmy blanett odry ans deeing duubbol,,I steyedup to long. I luv ambiemk , where;smy cloud I need ti beolayin on. I gottago niteynnight,
    Miss U Deb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. does anyone have lime green anything??
    By merlin in forum Horse Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 09:54 PM
  2. Lime in stalls?
    By ThePerfectFit in forum Horse Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 10:09 AM
  3. Lime Poisoning
    By koweta01 in forum Horse Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 06:46 PM
  4. lime :)
    By jessetjames in forum Tack & Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-02-2006, 06:54 AM
  5. whanted lime
    By jessetjames in forum Horse Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 06:46 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •