Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Discuss Making trailer dividers at the Horse Chat forum - Horse Forums.

What can I make for a trailer divider?? I have a small 2 horse bumper ...
  1. #1
    Senior Member+
    lacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NW GA
    Posts
    4,002
    Blog Entries
    4

    Making trailer dividers

    What can I make for a trailer divider??

    I have a small 2 horse bumper pull. I need to make a divider in the middle. Heres my trailer

    inside looking in from the left side door Looking at the hay manger from outside
    www.brechtstables.org

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Step View Post
    Lynn.....did you ever foresee Dustin growing to be the blessing and inspiration he has proven to be?
    Some of that toughness has to come from the DNA on his mother's side.
    "No mother should have to bury their own son" (My great grandmother)

  2. #2
    Senior Member+ kyryah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    2,936
    Mine came with a divider. It is made from a metal frame with wood slats in the middle, and has posts that slide into brackets in the manager and the divider bar in the door way. Yours is in a little better comsetic shape, but could almost be twins with mine!



    Kristina
    “They think they can make fuel from horse manure - Now, I don't know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it's sure gonna put a stop to siphoning”

    100% pro HUMANE horse slaughter!

    I have been snowballed... X5!!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member+
    lacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NW GA
    Posts
    4,002
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
    Mine came with a divider. It is made from a metal frame with wood slats in the middle, and has posts that slide into brackets in the manager and the divider bar in the door way. Yours is in a little better comsetic shape, but could almost be twins with mine!



    Kristina
    If you actually take the divider out, is it just a bar sitting up in the back that goes from floor to ceiling? Sorry, I'm just trying to get a mental picture of what it looks like on the inside.

    Thanks, I bought mine from an auction for $450!! The outside looked like that nasty black spray paint color thats on the inside. But, I completely sanded it down, primered and painted it when I got it about a year ago. It looks 1000 times better
    www.brechtstables.org

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Step View Post
    Lynn.....did you ever foresee Dustin growing to be the blessing and inspiration he has proven to be?
    Some of that toughness has to come from the DNA on his mother's side.
    "No mother should have to bury their own son" (My great grandmother)

  4. #4
    Senior Member+ kyryah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    2,936
    Ha ha ha, awesome, I bought mine for $400, and got an Arab mare thrown in!

    Yes, in the back (where the doors are) there is a bar up the center from floor to ceiling. The doors latch into it. The top doors lift off, but the bottom doors are stationary.

    I will try to remember to go out tomorrow and take pics of the inside and the divider. The divider is in rough shape, it needs the bumpers replaced, but I have never even used it.

    There is a cage of baby chickens and a seat out of a car in it right now, ROFL, but you will be able to get the general idea

    Kristina
    “They think they can make fuel from horse manure - Now, I don't know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it's sure gonna put a stop to siphoning”

    100% pro HUMANE horse slaughter!

    I have been snowballed... X5!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member+
    lacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NW GA
    Posts
    4,002
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
    Ha ha ha, awesome, I bought mine for $400, and got an Arab mare thrown in!

    Yes, in the back (where the doors are) there is a bar up the center from floor to ceiling. The doors latch into it. The top doors lift off, but the bottom doors are stationary.

    I will try to remember to go out tomorrow and take pics of the inside and the divider. The divider is in rough shape, it needs the bumpers replaced, but I have never even used it.

    There is a cage of baby chickens and a seat out of a car in it right now, ROFL, but you will be able to get the general idea

    Kristina
    The doors latch into it?? Huh... I never would have thought that...

    I wish that my mare wasen't so alpha. I wouldn't have to worry to much about the divider. Er, well, rather, I wouldn't have to worry about it if I diden't have "Nemo- the Amazing 28 year old trailer climber!"
    www.brechtstables.org

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Step View Post
    Lynn.....did you ever foresee Dustin growing to be the blessing and inspiration he has proven to be?
    Some of that toughness has to come from the DNA on his mother's side.
    "No mother should have to bury their own son" (My great grandmother)

  6. #6
    Senior Member+ kyryah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    2,936
    Okay, here you go... This would be one of the brackets for the divider



    Kristina
    “They think they can make fuel from horse manure - Now, I don't know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it's sure gonna put a stop to siphoning”

    100% pro HUMANE horse slaughter!

    I have been snowballed... X5!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member+ kyryah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    2,936
    LOL, like I said, I will have to take pics. It is too hard for me to explain right now (refer to your thread in the adult section :P )

    I will do it when I feed in the morning

    Kristina
    “They think they can make fuel from horse manure - Now, I don't know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it's sure gonna put a stop to siphoning”

    100% pro HUMANE horse slaughter!

    I have been snowballed... X5!!!

  8. #8
    Senior Member+
    lacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NW GA
    Posts
    4,002
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by kyryah View Post
    Okay, here you go... This would be one of the brachets for the divider



    Kristina
    Right, right, right... but I don't know how easy it would be to make something that would fit that. I mean, it can be done... I have my farrier buddy looking at it right now. He is supposed to also make a new latch for the back doors for me. He said he could rig something for me as a divider.

    This is way to hard to hold the doors shut and push the bar through on my own. If I'm on a hill or Indie my QH feels like slightly leaning on the door, I'm done for.

    www.brechtstables.org

    Quote Originally Posted by Super Step View Post
    Lynn.....did you ever foresee Dustin growing to be the blessing and inspiration he has proven to be?
    Some of that toughness has to come from the DNA on his mother's side.
    "No mother should have to bury their own son" (My great grandmother)

  9. #9
    Senior Member+ kyryah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by lacy View Post
    Right, right, right... but I don't know how easy it would be to make something that would fit that. I mean, it can be done... I have my farrier buddy looking at it right now. He is supposed to also make a new latch for the back doors for me. He said he could rig something for me as a divider.

    This is way to hard to hold the doors shut and push the bar through on my own. If I'm on a hill or Indie my QH feels like slightly leaning on the door, I'm done for.

    If you know someone that can weld, a bolt would fit down in that bracket just fine

    My trailer doesn't have a bar, it has a seperate latch for each of the four doors.

    Kristina
    “They think they can make fuel from horse manure - Now, I don't know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it's sure gonna put a stop to siphoning”

    100% pro HUMANE horse slaughter!

    I have been snowballed... X5!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member+ kyryah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cadillac, MI
    Posts
    2,936
    Okay, here are the pics I took this morning.

    Door latches



    Bar down center of rear of trailer, where it attaches to the top and where the bracket is



    Bracket in front of trailer below manger



    Divider



    Divider brackets



    You just line up the holes on the divider and the trailer and put a bolt through them.

    My trailer is a rough old girl right now, but she is getting a new do this spring. We are going to sand the whole thing down and paint it, and replce the wood on the inside. Still, has great floor and axles, not bad for $400.

    Kristina
    “They think they can make fuel from horse manure - Now, I don't know if your car will be able to get 30 miles to the gallon, but it's sure gonna put a stop to siphoning”

    100% pro HUMANE horse slaughter!

    I have been snowballed... X5!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If you could split your trailer into dividers or small box stall
    By Blistering Winds in forum Tack & Equipment
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
  2. Am I Just Making A Mess...Or Making Sense?
    By Canadian Sage in forum Horse Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
  3. Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 08:09 AM
  4. Cement freeway dividers!
    By MelissaH in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-20-2006, 05:01 PM
  5. Making a homemade horse trailer...
    By Ginny&Megs in forum Horse Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 07:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •