Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Discuss what do you think of grown men who wear class rings... at the Off Topic forum - Other Topics.

Originally Posted by Blistering Winds Now, if you have a 30+ yr old wearing a ...
  1. #11
    Senior Member+
    CrazyHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    19,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistering Winds View Post
    Now, if you have a 30+ yr old wearing a HS ring and you are SURE it is a HS ring, well....Run, Run fast, Run even faster....

    Yeah really!!! Hahahahahahaha!!
    The cry of a newborn baby
    The laughter of a child
    Every day that I am given
    Every breath I take...
    That's how I know.

  2. #12
    Senior Member+
    sorrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,122
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ches View Post


    Civil Engineers have an Order of the Engineer thing that they do where they take basically an engineer's version of a hippocratic oath and are given a plain stainless steel ring to wear on their pinky. The original rings were made with steal from a bridge that collapsed, and the intent was to wear it on your writing hand so that every time you drafted a plan, the ring would hit the board and make a sound to remind you to be vigilant and careful with your design. Personally I think that is a little fruity, but certainly less vain and ostentatious and with a little more meaning than a high school class ring.
    Now something like that I could wear, but I always feel like I am yelling or saying, look at me and what I have done, and how much I am worth, and where I put my importance....
    guess that's just me.
    I like meaningful jewelry that is tasteful and blends.

  3. #13
    Senior Member+ Fallon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West of the Alantic, East of the Pacific...
    Posts
    1,057
    I don't even wear a watch. Shows you how much I pay attention to 'jewelry'.

    I'm torn on this. I can see a Proffessor wearing a college ring especially if it's for the college that he/she teaches at. Or like Ches says for a profession.

    But otherwise I don't know...
    Quote Originally Posted by whoahorse View Post
    It's like playing Twister with drunk porcupines.


    Stop pushing me I have 'fallon' down enough. I always get back up. You can NOT keep me down!

  4. #14
    Senior Member+
    sorrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,122
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallon View Post
    I don't even wear a watch. Shows you how much I pay attention to 'jewelry'.

    I'm torn on this. I can see a Proffessor wearing a college ring especially if it's for the college that he/she teaches at. Or like Ches says for a profession.

    But otherwise I don't know...
    I think it is the size that bothers me.
    If it is smaller and the stone isn't like the size of a gumball, it wouldn't matter, but the huge rings, seem to be too gaudy, like when a woman wears a half pound of jewelry on all five fingers.

  5. #15
    Senior Member+
    kellidahorsegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    5,304
    Blog Entries
    18
    BW how do you belong to a frat.....aren't you a GIRL?! HAHA Unless its turning into that boyscout deal where girls join

    I don't like high school rings...never have never will. To me, high school was not the highlight of my life and something people should move on from Sorry haha College rings would be ok for me....I know a couple guys who have bowl game football rings (yes they played for CSU) and those are cool. Those to me are accomplishment rings....something BIG.

    I'm not a huge fan of men with just big rings. Someone gave Travis one (its his g'pa I think so its special) but I hate it! Its so distracting haha.

    Oh well, to each his own???
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    I am THE exception to the rules

  6. #16
    Senior Moderator
    Heavenly Jumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Novi, Michigan
    Posts
    21,526
    Blog Entries
    345
    I think grown men who wear their HS rings are still wishing they were in HS...and that's sad.
    ♥ Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away. We have roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossoms had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.

  7. #17
    Senior Member+
    Jennie'sPassion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,625
    Blog Entries
    1
    I wear my college ring because I didn't earn it until I was 33. I paid for it and worked for the degree myself.
    I have alot of friends that wear thier college rings and I think it is a show of pride. I mean if degrees were easy to get everyone would have one right?
    I usually assume it is a college ring if I see an older man wearing it. I think they are proud of what they have achieved like me.
    Keep Moving Forward!

  8. #18
    Senior Member+
    sirius-dressage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    3,971
    Blog Entries
    1
    My dad wears his college ring. I don't think anything negative about it...he worked hard, loved his school, and went on to be successful in the military later in life. He still affiliates himself with his school, and generally wears his ring.
    I'm So Irish - Nova Dair - Bärenjäger
    --------------------
    We shall take care not to vex the horse, or cause it to abandon its affable gracefulness in disgust.
    For this is like the fragrance blossoms, which never again returns once it has vanished.

  9. #19
    Senior Member+
    Blistering Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Augusta, Kansas
    Posts
    33,108
    Blog Entries
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by kellidahorsegirl View Post
    BW how do you belong to a frat.....aren't you a GIRL?! HAHA Unless its turning into that boyscout deal where girls join

    I don't like high school rings...never have never will. To me, high school was not the highlight of my life and something people should move on from Sorry haha College rings would be ok for me....I know a couple guys who have bowl game football rings (yes they played for CSU) and those are cool. Those to me are accomplishment rings....something BIG.

    I'm not a huge fan of men with just big rings. Someone gave Travis one (its his g'pa I think so its special) but I hate it! Its so distracting haha.

    Oh well, to each his own???

    it is a professional fraternity that opened up to both men and women.

    Alpha Zeta
    Nothing like seeing nature from the back of a horse!

  10. #20
    Senior Member+
    James Robert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Elmore Co., Alabama
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie'sPassion View Post
    I wear my college ring because I didn't earn it until I was 33. I paid for it and worked for the degree myself.
    I have alot of friends that wear thier college rings and I think it is a show of pride. I mean if degrees were easy to get everyone would have one right?
    I usually assume it is a college ring if I see an older man wearing it. I think they are proud of what they have achieved like me.
    I'm 67 years old and wear my college ring with a great deal of pride. I worked 6 hours a day during the week and 12 hours on Saturday as a butcher at the A & P and went to college. It took a lot out of my social life when many of my friends were getting their way paid by their parents and were having a ball.

    I graduated from Auburn University. The State of Alabama is divided in 2 groups, Auburn U. and the University of Alabama fans. Bear Bryant coached at U of A and a lot of the fans of U of A still think Bear and Elvis are still alive. We have beat U of A for the past 5 years and enjoy not having to listen to "Roll TIde." The U of A has hired Lou Saban as coach now so things are subject to change. I still bleed orange and blue and yell "War Eagle" every chance I get.

    By wearing my college ring maybe I am bragging. If someone takes it that way so what? I once owned a black and white spotted registered TWH and I brag about that still. Don't tell me that you don't display something you are proud of. What about the tag on the front of your truck or the picture on the back of your horse trailer?

    Having a college degree is something I have always been proud of. It has open doors for me that would otherwise been closed. I don't flaunt it but I wear it.

    JR
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Has it grown?
    By Friesiangirl in forum Horse Grooming
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 10:03 PM
  2. Out-grown?.... NEED HELP!
    By catinjmr in forum Horse Training
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 12-13-2006, 03:23 AM
  3. All grown up!
    By freedom32 in forum Horse Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 01:12 PM
  4. **Has She Grown?!**
    By EqUeStRiAn in forum Horse Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
  5. class rings
    By Pony Pals in forum For Kids Only
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •