Discuss Costume Class Ideas Please!?!?!? at the Horse Chat forum - Horse Forums. Ok, I am going to my first show in a couple of weeks!
But out ...
Costume Class Ideas Please!?!?!?
Ok, I am going to my first show in a couple of weeks!
But out of the few classes I am entering.......i'm entering a costume class and would like ideas as to what I can dress both me and Ruby up as......Ruby is a chestnut Mare btw if that helps any.
It can't be a costley costume......somthing I can wip up cheaply but that has a cahnce of getting me a ribbon!
There is only one thing U can do to bring a cowgirl out of day dreaming..Mention the word HORSE and you got her full attention!
What's your weather? I'm guessing heading into winter?
Anyway, some of my past ideas...
* Racehorse (you need contacts, so you can borrow a racing saddle and jockey silks, probably just lead the horse lol. Attach a number to your saddle blanket, long boots, short crop...presto!)
* Beach (beach towel over horses rump, you in bathers, beach bucket complete with sand and trowl over one arm. Wear flippers. Attach -small- snorkel to the cheekpiece of your halter/bridle. You know those 'floaties'? Little blow up hollow tubes, placed over a kids arms? Don't blow them up all the way, attach them to horses front legs like boots).
* Punk Rocker (works with horse with a short mane - gel it up. Add a little black horse makeup eye shadow. Stick great big safety pins on saddle blanket, and stitch/scrawl/attach titles of songs and artists. You dress accordingly as well)
* Characters (Little Red Riding hood, etc etc)
* Racing Stripes (White blanket with black zebra stripes placed over horse)
* My Little Pony (white rug/blanket/hood etc with my little pony-like symbols, suns, flowers, etc painted on the rump. tie ribbons in mane & tail. Dress girly!)
* Then you have your lady, princess, knight etc options...
You could always be even more creative, such as "Frog on a Log". Your horse is brown so you're halfway there...lol...make your horse look log like and dress up like a frog...
I saw one, the pony dressed in green rugs, with flowers and leaves cut out of paper and safety pinned on, and the little kid was dressed up as a fairy/butterfly...and yeah she was a butterly on a flower, it was really cute...
The journey to greatness starts not with a step...
but a helping hand.
By QuarterPonyGrl in forum Equestrian Events, Shows, Competitions
Last Post: 07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
By PaintedPNH in forum Tack & Equipment
Last Post: 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM
By MiniHorseGrl in forum Horse Chat
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 04:52 PM
By ~thoroughbred~ in forum Horse Chat
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 05:52 AM
By TB4ever in forum Horse Chat
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 12:17 PM